About the Virtual School
The VSLAC works to raise the achievements and aspirations of looked-after children.
We believe in the potential of every child and young person, no matter who they are, or what they have been through. We believe that all looked-after children and young people deserve opportunities to enable them to live their lives as fully as possible.
Five main aims
In our work we have five main aims. These are for children to:
- be healthy
- stay safe
- enjoy and achieve
- make a positive contribution
- achieve economic well-being.
How we do this
We do this by:
- helping children and young people to overcome difficulties in their schools that they feel may stop them succeeding.
- inspiring children and young people to aim high at school and with their plans for the future.
- boosting confidence, enjoyment and self-esteem, as well as promoting independent learning.
- making sure that if things aren’t progressing quickly enough, we work with schools to provide appropriate support.
- working with other professionals who support children’s education
- supporting and providing guidance and training to people we work with in education and social care.
How to contact us
If you are a young person in care we can provide support. Contact us by:
You can also contact us by post or phone:
Virtual School for Looked After Children
Oxford OX3 0SW