Job Clubs and jobseeking help
Where to find Job Clubs for young people in Oxfordshire
There are Job clubs and Job-seeking help available in most of Oxfordshire's towns. You can find out where they are by contacting your local Job Centre+ or Early Intervention Hub.
Job Clubs can provide lots of support with job-seeking:
- Advice on improving your CVs and applications
- Trained advisers who can advise on how best to apply for jobs
- Access to lots of information about local opportunities
You can also find some information on these topics on this website, use the links above. You can also sign up for our weekly hot jobs and opportunities newsletter.
Why Job clubs can help
Job clubs provide more than just information and guidance. They also help you structure your job-seeking, let you spend time with other people who are also seeking work and share tips and experiences.
These are some of the Job Clubs running locally. Those described at NEET drop ins are for young people aged 16-19 who are not in employment education or training.
- Banbury Grimsbury Job Club @ BYHP drop-in session every Monday 1.30 - 4.30pm, BYHP, 2 Chandos Close Banbury OX16 4TL
- Banbury Neithrop Library Job Club drop-in session every Tuesday 1 - 4pm. Neithrop Library, Community Centre, Woodgreen Avenue Banbury OX16 0AT
- Banbury Job Club at the Mill (every other Friday) 11am - 1pm. Download leaflet.
- Banbury Early Intervention Hub NEET sessions for young people aged 16-19 not in employment education and training. Thursday drop-in 1-4pm
Tel: 01865 328440 /0845 602 9288 or email EIBanbury@oxfordshire.gov.uk
- Download details of Banbury Jobs clubs and similar provision
- Banbury Mencap Job Club - fortnightly job club at the Redlands Centre where service users can job search, complete CVs, apply for jobs etc. and receive training from the Employ Me modules. Wednesdays fortnightly 10am-1pm Email Marilyn.Walsh@mencap.org.uk for more information about support available.
- Banbury National Careers Service, 1st Wednesday of the month at North Banbury Children's Centre - 9.30 - 10 .30
- Bicester Hub NEET drop-in at The Courtyard, Bicester
Every Thursday 11am-3pm
To find out more call 01865 328470 / 0845 60229298 or email
- Carterton Drop-in fortnightly at the Town Hall for young jobseekers, please email email@example.com for dates or download flyer
- Thursday 9.30 -11.00am Chipping Norton Job Club fortnightly on a Friday at the Leisure Centre 11.00am - 1.00pm.
- Kidlington NEET drop-in at The Forum, Kidlington Every Wednesday11am-3pm To find out more call 01865 328470 / 0845 60229298 or email EIBicester@oxfordshire.gov.uk
- Kidlington Job Club at Kidlington Library First Thursday of the month Drop into the library or phone on 01865 373067
- Witney - West Oxfordshire Hub Job Club at West Oxfordshire Hub Thu 10.30am-4pm, drop in any time or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- Witney NEET drop-in at Base 33
- Oxford NEET drop in at 104 Gloucester Green (previously Connexions Office) Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-4pm. To find out more call 0845 6029315 / 01865 328490. Email email@example.com or 0845 6416424 / 01865 816202. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Thursday session only)
- Blackbird Leys Job Club, appointments only. Wednesdays and Thursdays. Email Leysjobclub@gmail.com or call 077692 35395.
- Littlemore Job Club, appointments only. Mondays and Tuesdays. Email Littlemorejobclub@gmail.com or call 077692 35395. January and February free events. Oxford - one to one half hour appointments for NEET young people at Littlemore hub. Tuesdays between 2 - 4.30pm call 01865 816202
- Crisis Skylight Centre - Old Fire Station, Oxford, OX1 2AQ. For 18+ only and members. You can become a member for free, but you must be in some way vulnerably housed. Drop into any of these friendly sessions to search and apply for jobs online. Support with filling in application forms. Mondays, 1-2pm; Tuesdays, 5.30-7pm; Wednesdays, 3.30-4.30pm. Call 01865 263900.
- Abingdon Early Intervention Hub NEET drop-in, appointments also available, please call 01865 328400 or email email@example.com to arrange or for more information Tue 10am-12pm
- Berinsfield NEET drop-in, at Berinsfield Youth Centre appointments also available, please call 01865 328400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange or for more information Wednesday 10am-12pm fortnightly
- NEET appointments at the Didcot early Intervention Hub (The Vibe Young people's Centre) for young jobseekers and NEET. Please call on 01865 328480 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. Appointments available Tue, Wed and Thu, please contact the hub to arrange.
- Faringdon NEET drop-in at Faringdon Youth Centre, appointments also available, please call 01865 328400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange or for more information Thu 3-5pm fortnightly
- Faringdon Youth Project at Faringdon Library Volunteer run project to boost confidence and support young people to start their career - Wednesday fortnightly 4pm-5.30pm
- Henley NEET drop-in Wed 1 -3pm, appointments also available. 55-57 Market Place,Henley-on-Thames,Oxfordshire, RG9 2AA (NOMAD), please call on 0845 6029299 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment
- Thame NEET drop-in coming soon, appointments also available, please call on 0845 6029299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment
- Wallingford NEET session at the PACT centre 8a Castle Street, Wallingford appointments only, 1.30 - 3.30pm on 1st Wednesday of each month. Please call on 0845 6029299 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment (see also Cholsey)
- Wantage NEET drop-in at Wantage Civic Centre, appointments also available, please call 01865 328400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange or for more information
Thu 3-5pm fortnightly
While every effort is made to keep this information update, we recommend that you always check that sessions are running before you attend.