Visible not Invisible
Join our peer mentoring project for children and young people in care
What do they do?
Visible...not invisible (VNi) is a peer mentoring project for children and young people in care. Members are trained up as peer mentors, and given a 'member profile'. This means that other children and young people who have come into care can see who they are, and choose to meet a trained VNi peer mentor who has been through similar experiences and understands what they are going through. Have a look at this young people's presentation about VNi (.pdf, 501KB) to find out more.
About the role
If you join, you will:
- have to be interviewed by children and young people in care first!
- get free training and become a confident mentor to other children who have just come into care
- attend VNi meetings four times a year
- help to create and run a Children's Rights day to tell children and young people in care about their rights and responsibilities
- help to create and run a celebration event for professionals, when VNi members receive their certificates
- aim towards getting a V-50 and V-100 nationally recognised qualification
We expect you to take public transport to meetings. If you are experiencing serious difficulties getting transport, we may be able to help you get there.
It's voluntary but you can work towards getting a V-50 and V-100 nationally recognised qualification.
How to apply
Contact James Collins on (01865) 256681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.